Resources for grant-seekers:
Completing your grant application? The following are considerations that the grant review committee follows when reviewing each grant proposal.
The guidelines adopted by the grant review committee are intended to be non-exclusive and objective. Their purpose is to help determine the merits of a proposal in addition to stimulating analysis relating to the needs of the Barry Community.
- Does the applicant demonstrate a clear understanding of The Foundation’s mission?
- Is there evidence of commitment on part of board, staff & volunteers?
- Does the applicant have a strong, capable board & staff?
- Are the board & staff representative of Barry County (diverse in gender, race, etc.)?
- Is the organization well-supported, administered and operated?
- Does the requesting organization demonstrate a clear plan, complete with measurable goals, objectives and strategies?
- Is the project sensible, feasible and realistic?