Grant Review Committee Mission Statement
To assist The Foundation in its mission by recommending allocations of available resources to address significant needs in the Barry Community.
The Barry Community Foundation awards grants throughout Barry County for a wide variety of programs and projects that positively impact the lives of its residents. The following are considerations that the grant review committee follows when reviewing each grant proposal. The grant committee looks for matches between grant requests and field of interest funds when reviewing the proposals.
The guidelines adopted by the grant review committee are intended to be non-exclusive and objective. Their purpose is to help determine the merits of a proposal in addition to stimulating analysis relating to the needs of the Barry Community.
If you are considering submitting a proposal, please read these guidelines to ensure that you are addressing issues the committee will be reviewing.
- Does the applicant demonstrate a clear understanding of The Foundation’s mission?
- Is there evidence of commitment on part of board, staff & volunteers?
- Does the applicant have a strong, capable board & staff?
- Are the board & staff representative of Barry County (diverse in gender, race, etc.)?
- Is the organization well-supported, administered and operated?
- Does the requesting organization demonstrate a clear plan, complete with measurable goals, objectives and strategies?
- Is the project sensible, feasible and realistic?